tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 20:11:55 1999

-moH (was Re: jIDach)

Wrote some more:

> I posted this question to the newsgroup.  Hopefully, MO will be by again soon and
> clarify whether these verbs are either actual verbs or verbs+suffixes.  But until
> we hear from him, I don't see any use in debating either side.

And wrote yet again, taking "talking to myself" to a new level:I know better than to
make statements like that.  Sorry.  I shouldn't assume that this question hasn't
already been asked and clarified a thousand times.I just found a canon example of a
{-moH} verb that doesn't use the {verb + moH} as a root verb.

chenHa'moHlaH

That's two revelations for me today!  Do we know for sure that they aren't roots?  Or
is that something still up in the air?  Are all {-moH} verbs not really verbs but
just verbs + suffixes?  Or does it depend on the verb?  Oh, I should have went to
qep'a'.  I could kick myself.

QInteS, jImISqa'

Back to archive top level