tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 11 16:31:40 1999

Re: weekend-wIj'e'

In a message dated 7/5/1999 12:31:39 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< << >Second, {yItamtaH} implies that the child is already being quiet
  >and the command-giver is ordering him to keep on being quiet.
 {yItam'eghmoH}
  >has been given to us as canon for "Quiet yourself!"

  Where is this given?  References, please? >>
 I will definitely try to supply you a reference.  I do remember clearly
being
 surprised myself when MO talked about this different construction for
 descriptive verb commands.

The reference is {yItuj'eghmoH}.  I do recall, also, some ensuing discussion
about this being the proper construction for descriptive verb commands.

peHruS

Back to archive top level