tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 10 07:49:31 1999

Re: pab chu'

I don't have a good feel for the concensus on this point.  It's
chear that words with {-wI'} can take some other verbal suffixes
(such as the word {wovmoHwI'} from the BOP poster), but I don't
know what, if any, restrictions exist.  Not using {-lu'} may be
a convention of the list, but I can't find a concise source for
the reason why.

-- ter'eS

At 09:58 PM 7/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/8/1999 6:41:14 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>[email protected] writes:
>
><< SKI: I recently posted some new pages to my Website containing a
> > listing of all the grammar addenda and corrections post-TKD that
> > I could find. You may find it interesting.  Let me know if I said
> > something wrong or forgot your favorite bit. >>
>Mark Shoulson once a long time ago answered my inquiry regarding using both
>{-lu'} and {-wI'} on one verb stem.  He said NO.  Have there been any other
>revelations on this point?  If yes, what are they?  From what source(s)?
>Would you post this, too?
>
>peHruS

Back to archive top level