tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 04 23:36:15 1999

Re: logh Hop Hut tengchaH

In a message dated 7/2/1999 9:51:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<<
 ja' peHruS:
 >'a lughbe' DungDaq 'oHtaHbogh mu'tlhegh'a' 'e' vIHar!!!  Deep Space's Nine
 >Space Stations 'oS.  vaj mu'tlhegh 'ay' {logh Hop tengchaH Hut} vIchup.

 bIchupHa'.  lughbej <logh Hop Hut tengchaH> lo'ta'bogh Marc Okrand.

 It's "Space Station Deep Space Nine", not "Deep Space Space Station Nine". >>
While I cannot argue with MO's own usage, I do find such a compound
construction obtuse.  For a long time, I did not employ punctuation when
writing in Klingon.  Some of you complained that this made my messages too
difficult to understand.  Now, I challenge us:  logh-Hop-Hut tengchaH needs
hyphens to clarify that it is a compound structure, a single name of a
tengchaH.

peHruS

Back to archive top level