tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 04 23:30:49 1999

Re: jIchegh tulajchugh

In a message dated 7/2/1999 9:48:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< ja' peHruS:
 >Does {jIngaj} mean "I'll be brief," or "I'll be short (as in using only
short
 >words)?"  I can't figure this one out, ghunchuwI'.  {ngaj} refers to "short
 >duration of time," stative verb.  Thus, I have to think that you are
 >attempting to take on the persona of time.  jImISqu.  yIQIj.

 qay' nuq?  Since you correctly understand the word {ngaj} as referring to
 time, I assume you would understand {jIngaj} as "I'll be brief" instead of
 "I'll be short (in physical distance)."  Thus I really have no idea what is
 confusing you, and I have no idea what you want me to explain.  Whatever it
 is that keeps us from communicating appears still to be in place.

 -- ghunchu'wI' >>
You are absolutely correct that we still do not understand each other's
thinking patterns.  You have not addressed the fact that I wrote that I feel
that {jIngaj} implies that you are taking on the persona of time.  Time can
be short in duration; I state that a person cannot.  You feel your meanings
of Klingon words quite differently from the way I do.

peHruS

Back to archive top level