tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 31 00:42:05 1999

Re: leng Hovmey joj: jav

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/99 4:50:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << As far as my ears could pick up, this is what the SuvwI' tlhIngan said:
>
>  [Morska keg, Duj vets u'nuq, rIn?]
> The Klingon says "Morska jIH.  Dujvetlh 'oH nuq, rIn?
>  I can't find the "keg" part anywhere, and in the "vets u'nuq" part I can
>  only distinguish "nuq"

(massive snippitude with a chain-betleH)

I seem to remember PK saying that Klingons from different areas have
different dialects, much like Humanganpu' from the South sounding much
different from those in, say, New York.  The guard is far away from the
Imperial center of influence, so he must be using a Morskan dialect.

Opinions?

	--da laffin tlhIngan :>

Back to archive top level