tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 28 00:00:50 1999

Re: My new name (KLBC)

In a message dated 1/27/1999 11:43:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I will make some comments, though. Since you didn't mention how you came up
 with the <DIv> part of your name, I don't really know what to make of it. I
 don't have any reference materials handy at the moment, but I am pretty
 certain <DIv> means "be guilty", and I'm not sure you want that as your
 name. If it was intentional, then great.

 If you want a noun phrase, like "red man", then you probably want to put the
 verb *after* the noun. <loD Doq> is "the red man", but <Doq loD> is a full
 sentence: "The man is red."

I am guessing:  You looked at a nearby entry.  The entry you want is <DIr>
which means "skin.">

peHruS

Back to archive top level