tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 25 15:56:40 1999

RE: English to Klingon Translation Question

jatlh Don:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to translate the name "4Runner" as in a Toyota
> 4Runner into Klingon.

> From what I can tell the verb run is "qet" and with the suffix
> "-wI" to make the noun "qetwl" for runner. The number 4 is
> "los" and so the whole word would be "losqetwl".

> Does this sound right? What I'm wondering is that the number
> 4 is not really meant in the counting sense and so I'm not
> sure if the "los" should precede or follow the noun.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the list, Don. Voragh has already provided a very thorough
response to your request, so I won't duplicate the effort. I will introduce
myself, though. My name is pagh, and I am the current Beginners' Grammarian.
It's my job to help beginners learn Klingon. Whenever you have a post you
want help with, mark it for my attention by putting KLBC in the subject
line.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level