tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 22 17:46:13 1999

Re: KLBC: *London*Daq lengwIj

Why?  Why would some guy, being stopped by a guard, feel compelled to speak
formally about the guard's job?  Slang is not a reflection of the formality
of the topic, it is a reflection of the formality of the speaker.

As long as Matt is aware that it is slang, and used it that way
intentionally, there's no problem.

Or, could I not say, "They threw me into the slammer"?

SuStel
Stardate 99060.3