tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 16 20:45:53 1999

Re: qa'vIn

On the other hand, in {bIjatlhnIS He'So' je mu'tlheghvam 'e' vIHar}, the
first sentence is {bIjatlhnIS He'So' je mu'tlheghvam} and the second
sentence is {'e' vIHar}.  It does follow the rules as we know them.

Of course, I think this is very poor style for quotations.  In my opinion,
the quotation should not come between two other parts of a Sentence As
Object construction.  This is not a rule, this is common sense.

I am one of those people who tends to put the {jatlh} sentence first, and
the quotation second.  I do this because frequently the quotations are
multiple sentences in length, and this keeps them distinct from
non-quotations.  (Unless we see evidence that quotations are never more than
one sentence in length, I'll continue to use multiple sentence quotations.)

Now, why hasn't anyone mentioned that {He'So'} is being used here as an
English metaphor . . . ?

SuStel
Stardate 99044.6