tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 15 22:13:14 1999

Nick in L.A.

Dear everyone I know outside Melbourne,

I've been holding off on announcing this until the job offer came through,
just so I could be sure on it; the job offer looks like taking yet another
week, although my plane ticket is now booked, so there's no looking back. A
few of you will already know this, but to make the formal announcement: Having
completed my doctoral dissertation, I am moving to Orange County (60 km from
Los Angeles) in a month, for at least a year and probably three. I will be
working at the University of Califonia, Irvine, at the Thesaurus Linguae
Graecae, the project to encode in electronic form the complete corpus of
Ancient and (now) Byzantine literature (http://www.tlg.uci.edu). I will be
arriving in LAX at 11 am, February 13th. Details on my new electronic and
paper mail address will be divulged as they come to hand; the address in my
signature should get to me for a while yet.

--
 Edarh oni oroumene          NICK NICHOLAS. PhD, Linguistics,
 kouraste na mpa"inei,       University of Melbourne, Australia

Back to archive top level