tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 14 12:43:55 1999

Re: KLBC: HovqIj jun Hov wov

In a message dated 1/14/1999 12:27:15 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< The full, formal answer would probably be <naDev vIDab>, but in a less
 formal setting, I can see how the shorter <jIDab> might work.

I believe even in formal settings that would be <naDev jIDab>.  The adverbial
noun <naDev> obviously is not the object of the sentence.  I am not specifying
any object.  In parallel to <bIjatlh 'e' yImev> I might say "You can't live
here" as <naDev bIDab 'e' chaw'lu'be'>.

peHruS

Back to archive top level