tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 05 11:17:44 1999

Re: Noun suffixes, type 5

From: William H. Martin <[email protected]>
>> I am proud of you should be SoHmo' jIHem.
>
>More likely, it would be something like {ta'lIjmo' jIHem.} with
>perhaps some reference as to why I get to be proud because of
>YOU. Shouldn't YOU be proud because of you?
>
>Anyway, I'd tend to lean more toward something like:
>
>mubelmoH ta'lIj.

'utbe' bel.

I think it is unlikely that a Klingon would say this.  We've been told (in
KGT, I believe) that pleasure and enjoyment are not highly prized things to
Klingons.

I don't see any real problem with {SoHmo' jIHem}; any further disambiguation
seems like picking nits.

SuStel
Stardate 99011.3

Back to archive top level