tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 04 19:51:06 1999

Re: Quantifier nouns: {Hoch} et al.

ter'eS, I like your argument. Besides generally making sense to
me, it also reinforces my use of the idea of saying that half of
the tribble is black works as {qIj yIH bID} because, of the
entire universe of halves, this is the tribble's half, and it
is black. If it were said the other way, then it would mean of
the entire universe of tribbles, half of them are black, which
is not what I want.

charghwI' 'utlh

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level