tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 26 23:25:51 1999

Re: Hoch/HochHom, etc.

jatlh T'Lod:

> Another question - is it possible to have two
> adverbs in the same sentence?

Just to avoid some confusion, the term is actually "adverbial". I'm not a
linguist (and I don't even play one on TV), so I don't know what an
adverbial is in general, but I do know that a Klingon adverbial is similar
to, but not quite the same as an English adverb.

To answer your question, I can't pull a convenient canon example immediately
to mind, but yes it is. Here are some examples that should make sense to
everyone:

DaH nIteb jISuvrup - I am ready to fight alone now.
tlhoS batlh jIHegh - I nearly died honorably.
(y'all can decide for yourselves if this is a good thing or a bad thing)

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level