tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 25 10:34:23 1999

Re: Placement of aspect suffixes

In a message dated 2/24/1999 12:00:34 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< ASL works much the same way. You establish a time stamp and
 further comments are assumed to refer to that time setting until
 you give some new time setting information. I thought this was a
 very common feature of languages which lack tense. I know you
 speak at least one language without tense other than Klingon, so
 I would expect this to be a familiar concept. >>

qatlho', charghwI'

mIwvam lo' je ASL 'e' vISov.  DaHjaj QInlIj vIlaDpu'pa' mIwvam lo' thIngan Hol
'e' vISovbe'.  North Carolina Sep ghomvetlhDaq vItu'lu'be'.  teH mIwvam 'e'
lumaq yej'anmaj beq puS 'ach QIjchu' pagh.  DaH bIQIjmo' qatlho'.

*tense* lughajbe' KiSwahili Mandarin je.  ASL mIw rurbe'bej.

peHruS

Back to archive top level