tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 23 17:43:43 1999

Re: qama'

In a message dated 2/22/1999 11:55:24 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< please recognize that *'arDIch* is
 not a word. It is a pair of syllables that you alone would like
 to treat as a word. The rest of us will likely continue to
 ignore it.

 If Okrand comes along some day and uses it or some other word
 with its meaning, we'll go for it. Meanwhile, we went a long
 time without "wall", and somehow, I think that is a more
 fundamentally necessary meaning than the one you would choose
 for your *'arDIch*. >>

I will never claim that {'arDIch} already is a word.  This was a deliberate
contrivance.  I will not use it.

May it follow the path of all armpits.

peHruS

Back to archive top level