tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 18 20:30:41 1999

Re: qama'

ja' peHruS:
>qama' vaghDIch DaHoHpu' 'e' qara'
>DaH qama' vaghDIch vIlegh yIntaH ghaH
>pa' qama' 'arDIch lom vIlegh DaH yIjang 'avwI'

None of this makes sense to me.  The first line has an {'e'} sitting
there with no verb obviously using it as its object and no nearby noun
that could have lost it as a connected suffix.  The second line might
work as two sentences.  The third line is just plain weird.  I have no
idea what it's supposed to mean, even after interpreting that atrocious
*'arDIch as something like asking for the number of the prisoner whose
corpse you see.

Either there are some typographical errors or missing suffixes or
maybe some abutted sentences that I don't immediately recognize..
What are you trying to say here, and why did you try to say it with
a nonexistent and unnecessary word instead of using the tools that
we do have?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level