tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 16 12:13:16 1999

RE: KLBC : bang bom mu'

jatlh Nic Rutherford:

> I haven't posted for a while but below is an <attempt> at a bang bom.
> I would presume it would be sung with prehaps a HurDagh, does anyone
> have any ideas about this ?
> Anyway here goes :

> Huj be' vIpum bang
See below about <Huj be'>. I think the rest of it is supposed to be "fall in
love", but Klingon just doesn't work this way. To start with "fall in love"
is very much an English idiom which doesn't make sense in any other
language. Try again.

> may' mupIlmoH

Sentence order: object-verb-subject. <mupIlmoH may'>

> jIH meQ VIqul

nuqjatlh?? I know something involves you and fire here, but I have no idea
what is going on.

> paramaqqay SoH

You probably want <parmaqaywI' SoH> here.

> SoH 'IH law' Hoch 'IH paS
> SoH val law' Hoch val paS

maj.

> SoH batlh law' Hoch balth paS

<batlh> is not a verb, so you can't use it here. You can use <quv>, though.

> bang jIH

Probably <banglI' jIH>.

> jibang HoS; 'Iw rur

I have no idea what you're going for here. <bang> is a noun, so <jIbang>
makes no sense. It's like saying "I computer" or "I beverage".

> bang jIH

<banglI' jIH> again.

> I use the phrase <Huj be'> to describe 'a stranger'. I couldn't
> find it the KD or the guide for the galatic traveller.  If anyone
> has any suggestions, then please mail me.

Well, the verb <Huj> should go after the noun <be'>, but that would mean
"strage woman", which I am pretty sure is not what you want. The closest
single word we have for "stranger" is <nov> - "alien", but I'm pretty sure
that's not what you want either. The literal translation of "female
stranger", is <be' vIqIHbe'bogh> - "woman I've not met".

> I realise that the grammer is probably very dodgey, and would love
> some assistance.

> Qupla'

Qapla'

pagh