tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 11 05:27:57 1999

It is by caffeine alone (revised)

With some feedback from pagh and muHwI' and a little more thought, I
have revised my translation of the play on the mentat warning chant.
Here it is:

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shaking.
The shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

yabwIj vIchu'meH qa'vIn neH vIlo'.
qechmey chungmoH *java* qurgh.
Qom ghopDu'.
ghuH moj Qombogh ghopDu'.
yabwIj vIchu'meH qa'vIn neH vIlo'.

(In order to engage my mind I use only caffeine.
The beans of java cause thoughts to accelerate.
The hands tremor.
The hands which tremor become an alert.
I use only caffeine in order to engage my mind.)

~ Thornton

Back to archive top level