tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 10 17:20:12 1999

scorpion-beings

There is a piece of mythology that refers to scorpion-beings.
I know we don't have a word for this or an easy way to describe it.
The fact that they are "scorpion"-beings isn't really relevant;  it is
simply the imagery the author chose to use.

I am looking for ideas for beings that would fit good into mythology.
These beings are acting as guards.  They are guarding a gate to a path in
the mountains.
"... Trembling terror they inspire, the sight of them is death..."
They converse with the main character before letting him pass.

Even with KGT our knowledge of animals is limited.
I haven't read all of the novels.  Do they have anything usable?

DloraH

Back to archive top level