tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 10 17:15:27 1999

Re: hebrew

In a message dated 2/10/1999 4:14:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< The family you learnt from must have been ashkinazi.  The pronunciation
 that I learnt for 'I love you' is **'anI 'ohev 'ata.**

 By a funny coincidence, in ancient hebrew, the prefixs on ancient hebrew
 verbs modify them in much the same way as the prefixes in modern Hol.
 There are also a series of suffixes for the verbs, some of which modify
 the subject performing the action and some of which modify the verb
 itself. >>

peqIm     latlh Holmey Sar DIqelDI' tlhIngan Hol wIlo'nIS     maqeqjaj

be'vaD parmaq 'angDI' loD     lugh {ani ohev otakh}'e' ghItlhbogh Lieven
'ej muj mu'tlheghlIj
"Object of the sentence" 'oHlaHbe' Hebrew mu' {'ata}

peHruS

Back to archive top level