tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 10 07:50:03 1999

Re: KLBC: 'e' x-lu'??

From: Christiane Scharf <[email protected]>
>> In my opinion, {net} is definitely preferred, but I don't think {'e'
X-lu'}
>> is ever actually *wrong*.  It's probably a cultural or style thing,
>
>After the canon examples in TKW it can no longer be outright *wrong*, of
>course...  ;-)

Sure it can!  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  The grammar in that
sentence is definitely wrong, but that's the correct way to say the
sentence.  It would not be correct to say "If it isn't broken, don't fix
it," even though the grammar has been corrected.

I think it's very possible that {'e' X-lu'} is plain wrong, and still
perfectly acceptable for the proverbs.

SuStel
Stardate 99110.1

Back to archive top level