tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 10 06:02:02 1999

Monster verb construction - does this work?

I don't anticipate ever using this in a sentence (I'm doubt it even
expresses a coherent thought).  However, as an example, and as a mnemonic
or chart of all the verb suffixes in action does this work?  And, for that
matter, can someone suggest a better construction?  (My aim was to have a
handy word like the noun QaghHommeyHeylIjmo' that uses all of the nominal
suffixes 1-5):

   bIHup'eghnISbe'qa'moHlaHbejtaHneS'a'

d'Armond's pojwI' didn't blink at this and yielded:

 you (yes/no)? honorific on-going certainly can cause todo again
	not need to oneself punish

(Whatever *that* means!)

   joel anderson * http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
     **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level