tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 28 06:13:59 1999

Re: Star Trek : Klingon! CD-Rom Game observation

pIj *KCD* vIQujpu'. reH munuQpu' vIDellaHbe'bogh vay'. DaH jIyaj. narghDI'
romuluS HoHwI', "petaD" jatlh Pok vav. *Terran colloquialism* 'oH', qar'a' ?
("Everybody freeze!"?).
I was reminded of a few Terran "gangster" movies, and thought of a couple of
lines that I thought would be humorous in a similar Klingon usage. What do
you make of these?

DungvaD peSIch ! (Everybody reach for the sky !)
and my own favorite:
Hewmey tIrur ! (Everybody make like statues !)

I realize that a phrase like "Everyone, be frozen" could be interpreted as
"Do not move" in any civilization, but I was bored, and wanted to nitpick.

juDmoS

Back to archive top level