tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 19 00:38:03 1999

RE: KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (Soch)

jatlh tuv'el:

> KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (Soch)

> 'urmang'a' qapum!
> I accuse you of high treason!

'urmang'a' is perfect for "high treason". maj.

However, this use of <pum> is not so good. <pum> is just "accuse", not
"accuse of something". The object is clearly the person accused, and there
is really no place for the reason of the accusation. This might be the place
for <-mo'>:

'urmang'a'lIjmo' qapum.

> yIHmeyvetlh 'up tIHoH jay'!
> Friggin' kill those disgusting tribbles!

SIbI'!

> chocholchugh lut qaja'.
> If you come closer, I will tell you a story. (Prefix trick, qar'a'?)

qar.

> DIghna'mey DIDIlDI' juHwIj wIjaHrup.
> As soon as we pay for the digna plants, we'll be ready to go to my home.

maj.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level