tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 12 07:25:02 1999

Re: Nautical Directions/Navigation

On 12-Dec-99, SuSvaj wrote:

>>Do we have have anything that suggests the use of the bearing mark elevation
>>terminology the federation uses? Something equivalent to "Set course 180
mark
>>200" or the like?

>He wa' chorgh pagh DoD cha' pagh pagh yInab!

>SuSvaj

Sounds good to me, but I know {nab} is a verb for plan, is there canon for its
extension to the meanings of "plot" e.g. plot on a graph/map, plot/plan to
blow up the Houses of Parliament? Which I _think_ is what is meant above. If
so where?

Could (e.g.) {wa' chorgh pagh} also be referred to by {wa'vatlh chorghmaH}?

Thanks,
--
   Jeremy Silver   |\   [email protected]
 __________________| \  [email protected]
                   |  | A1200, Blizzard 1260, 34Mb
 mupwI' yI'uchtaH! |__| 1.4Gb HD. Amiga Forever.

Back to archive top level