tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 10 06:07:26 1999

Re: Klingon WOTD: nop (v)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:33:00 +0000 Matt Johnson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] writes
> >This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Wednesday, December 8, 1999.
> >
> >Klingon word:   nop
> >Part of Speech: verb
> >Definition:     omit
>
> Hmmm.... mu' qID 'oH {nop}'e'?
>
> A known, or unintentional pun (a little tenuous, but.... :))
>
> Assembly language programmers: what could a NOP instruction be construed
> as doing? "Omitting" that instruction? :)
> --
> qonwI'

Nope.  {{:)> (Don't look at the word. Listen to the sound.)

Okrand may be many things, but an assembly programmer, he is
not. It took him a couple years to work out access to a
lots of offers for technical support. For years, he wrote down
his word list by hand on pieces of paper which he did not
particularly organize or collect into one place. I'm fairly
sure he either hand-wrote or typed TKD. I presume that he
finally is using a word processor, but I wouldn't put money on
it.

He is NOT a "computer person". He certainly works with
technology in his day job, but it is highly specialized stuff
that has nothing to do with what we think of as computer
programming or PCs of any sort.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level