tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 09 17:22:47 1999

RE: KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (loS)

ja' pagh:
> jatlh tuv'el:
> > KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (loS)
> lu'. DaH jIjangbe'. loQ jIloS :)
OK. I'm not going to answer now. I'll wait a little :)

jIjatlh 'e' vIHechmeH DaSovqu'chu'qu'!!

> > DuchopvIp DenIbya' Qatlh 'oHbogh SajwIj'e'.
> > My pet Denebian slime devil is not afraid to bite you.
> <DuchopvIpbe'>, qar'a'?
Yes, of course. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to say something,
that
I forget little important bits like /-be'/.

> The relative clause on a pronoun is kind of interesting. Perfectly valid,
> just a little strange. You could probably say the same thing just
stringing
> the nouns together: <DenIbya' Qatlh SajwIj>.
I wasn't sure if it was legal to do that, like you'd do in English.

> > Dayach 'e' DanIDchugh Duchopbej.
> > If you try to pet him, he will certainly bite you.
> maj. 'ej ghopwIj vIQanbej.
Good. And I can protect my hand.

> > choptaH HomDu' Human YaDDu' je 'e' parHa'.
> > He likes to gnaw on bones and Human toes.
> Sentence order: <HomDu', Human yaDDu' je choptaH 'e' parHa'>.
va!

> tera' Sargh ghaj SoSwI' (mutvamvaD roD *horse* ponglu'). yaDwIj roS 'e'
tIv.
My mother has a terran ~sark~ (This species is usually called a 'horse').
He enjoys licking my toes.

> > cha'waQ 'oH qoSDaj.
> > His birthday is two months from now.
> I think <cha'waQ qaS qoSDaj> would be better. Respond and ask if you want
> (long) explanation of why.
I think I understand. I'm forcing my English into the idea, arent' I?
So, /occurs/ would be better than /is/.

> > wIloprupchu'.
> > We are all ready to celebrate it.
> maj. lIQuchmoHjaj qoSDaj!
Good. May his birthday make you all happy!

- tuv'el

Back to archive top level