tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 31 18:24:26 1999

Re: vIng / KLBC

"Andeen, Eric" wrote:

> jatlh pIl'o':
>
> > DaH tachDaq jIghoSnISlI'.
>
> <tach vIghoS> would be better than <tachDaq jIghoS>. <ghoS> is one of those
> verbs which has the destination (or some other things) as its object, so
> <tachDaq jIghoS> tends to mean "I go (somewhere else) in the bar."

This is so confusing. I will try to assimilate this, but I suspect there will
be many more mistakes 'till I pound it into longterm memory.

> Your use of <-lI'> here is also interesting. It's perfectly correct, but
> it's not something I would have done. You are developing your own style.
> yIHem - reH QInlIj vIlaDDI' qonwI' vIngu'.
> qatlho'nIS. the same has been said of my English scribblings. I usually write
> in one of "three voices", all identifiable. also my mispelings & contactions
> seem to be consistnt.
>
> > Qu'meywIj DelmeH  tlhIngan Hol mu'na' vIneH.
>
> qatlh wa' mu' DaneH?

actually, it was a mere musing on my part. I had mountains published on this
very particular subject and yet I've failed to adequately portray it in words.
 DayajchoHmoHlaHmeH 'e'  mI'  DabejnISchu'.  potlhbe'  porghwIj DIrwIj je.
potlhchu'taHqu'  vIHtaHghach.  qabwIj  Dabejchugh vaj chaq bIyaj  loQ. yapbe'
tlhIngan Hol *vocabulary.   boDellaHbe'chu'  ghunchu'wI', charghwI', SoH je 'e'
vIHar.

chojang pagh chojangbe' pagh chojangQo'  'e' vISaHbe'.  jIpItlh. rIntaH.
DajangnISbe'.
                                pIl'o'

Back to archive top level