tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 25 17:17:48 1999

Re: One of the new words

Patrick Masterson wrote:

: PS I noticed at the new word list at the KLI site, also listed are words
: from one half of the dictionary missing in the other. Here's one: not in
the
: English to Klingon side of TKD, rejmorgh, "worrywart, someone who worries
: too much"

Indeed, an idiom we've used for years on this list is {rejmorgh yIDaQo'}
"Don't worry!" - literally "Don't behave as a worrywort!" - since Klingon
doesn't seem to have a verb for "worry (too much), fret".  There is {SaH}
"care for, be concerned about" and {Qorgh} "care for, take care of" but
they're not the same idea.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons