tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 17 08:30:31 1999

HIQaH

I have a dilemma and would like some input on it.  I'm writing
a text-based adventure story (like we used to consider cutting-edge
back when I programmed on a Commodore-64!).  I want it to be
entirely in Klingon, and serve as a sort of teaching tool for
beginners.  With this in mind, I'm trying to restrict the vocabulary
to simple canon words.  My problem is that in these sorts of
games, locked doors tend to be important elements.  While we have
{lojmIt} for "door", I don't know what to call the device that
unlocks it.  I could coin {ngaQwI'} or {ngaQHa'wI'}, but then
I've violated my design goal of using only simple canon words.

Any suggestions for a word for "key"?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level