tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 12 22:14:20 1999

Re: Aspect

In a message dated 8/12/99 1:43:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected]
writes:

<< >This explains to me why we get things like {ben 'ar bIboghpu'} from
Okrand.
 >I don't care WHEN it was completed.  The action was completed (you're here,
 >aren't you?), so it got a {-pu'}.  I really don't believe Okrand was
 >interested in the "it's true every day except your birthday" idea.  That
 >seems much like relying on a technicality, something rather un-Klingon in my
 >mind.

 I *really* doubt Okrand ever considered this business about "except on your
 birthday"; that's more of an in-joke among Klingonists.  It doesn't sound
 like something any natural language-speaker would fuss about.

 ~mark

SatlhIj, 'ach De'vam vISovbe'.  Could someone elighten me as to this whole
birthday thing?

T'Lod

Back to archive top level