tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 11 10:57:57 1999

Re: Another question for pagh (KLBC)

jatlh pagh:
>Some verbs, including <bav>, <jaH>, <ghoS>, and <chegh>, include a locative
>meaning. They just take the location as an object. The trouble with this is
>that Marc Okrand has only recently clarified this, and we are still a bit
>unsure on which verbs this applies to. Verbs we don't know about include
><yIt>, <qet>, <puv>, and <vIH>. Examples we do know about:
>
>juH wIjaH - We will go to the house.
>HeDon boghoS - Y'all followed a parallel course.
>yuQ bav Duj - The ship orbits (around) the planet.
>yaHwIj vIchegh - I returned to my duty station.

So are the following all incorrect? Or are they just alternate ways of
expressing the same thing?

juHDaq majaH. "We go to the house."
HeDonDaq SughoS. "You follow on a parallel course."
yuQDaq bav Duj. "The ship orbits at the planet."
yaHwIjDaq jIchegh. "I return to my duty station."

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level