tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 08 19:45:11 1999

Re: Palm pilot advice

qeSlIj vIvuv, 'ach jaS jIqeS. toch DeghwI' DaSuqDI' DatIv.
mu'ghom Dalo'meH neH Dalo'. qaS poH. latlh lo'Hey Daqel.
DanIDDI' lo'chu'. DaH cha' Qu'vaD toch De'wI' Dalo'. tugh wej
Qu'vaD DapoQ. loS Qu' DapoQbej. vagh Qu' DapoQchu'.

vaj qawHaqDaj Danatlhchu'. latlh De'wI' Daje'nIS.

ghunchu'wI' gives good advice, except for one thing: For $100
you can get a PalmPilot Pro which will do a fine job of handling
your dictionary. You'll discover that the calendar built in is
really useful and cool. Then you discover this great perpetual
moon phase calendar. Someone shows you the tricorder emulator
and you fall over laughing. You've just GOT to HAVE it. Then you
run into ~mark and he shows you IR Pong and ATool. Then you
discover QuickSheet and JFile...

Now, you have to buy a PalmIII because you don't have enough
memory. Maybe even a PalmIIIx.

It's addictive. It will change your life in wonderful ways.

charghwI' 'utlh

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:16:17 -0500 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' trIQjoH:
> >yIqIm ! I went to get a palm pilot ,but I was not sure what to get...
> >I will probably only use it for a very expensive dictionary...
>
> mu'ghom neH DapoQchugh, waghbej De'wI'Hom.  jan qutlhqu' yISuq.
> <toch wej> wagh law' <toch DeghwI'> wagh puS.
> Dun <toch DeghwI'> 'e' vInoH; Qapbej.  mach qawHaq, 'ach yap.
> De'wI'Hom ngo' Daje'meH, ghaytan wa'vatlh DeQ DanobnIS.
>
> If all you want is an electronic dictionary, go for the cheapest one
> you can find.  A PalmPilot Professional will be sufficient.  You can
> find them offered used for about $100.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level