tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 08 15:38:50 1999

Re: Palm Pilot

> I made the cards from the charts I got with David Barron's lesson #1 from the
> Klingon Postal Course. I reduced the pages and printed on pastel paper. one
> color for verbs, another for nouns and yet another for chuvmey. I cut and paste
> into a tight block on darker paper, then reduced again with a laser color
> copier.  I put them back to back and laminated. The result is a 2 sided WALLET
> sized card. Some say the print is too tiny, but I can read it. Please note there
> are mistakes is DaraQ's charts. he forgot the glottal stop on -'egh (v.s.#1) and
> he mistakenly put one on -jaj (v.s.#9). there might be other mistakes, but I
> haven't seen them yet.

Speaking of DaraQ's postal course, Is the KLI going to post all of the lessons on
the web? I know David and he rarely leaves his desk except to go to the gym or
work. I bet students' turnaround time on getting their lessons corrected would be
vastly improved if they didn't have to wait for David to get 'o'Daj to the post
office.
                pItlh.      pIl'o'

> That's probably all I need, is an up-to-date database, like my current Excel
> spreadsheet, with search ability.  I'm figuring out how to type in the TKD
> and all the various addendum to it and usage notes into a complete Word
> Document right now, but it's taking a while (First the TKD, then TKDA, then
> figure out where to put all the various new tidbits in-between).  I wish I
> had those magic laminated cards.  I never remember all my prefixes. :(
>
> T'Lod

Back to archive top level