tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 08 00:29:44 1999

Re: Palm Pilot

> ja' tu'loD:
>
> I prefer the WinCE machines, if only for the mini-Office apps and familiarity
> to windows, and a keyboard.  Even the ones without a keyboard are cool, since
> they play mp3's and are in color.  But I would like to see a Palm Pilot
> Klingon Translator sometime ('ej toch tlhIngan mu'ghom vIlegh vIneH).  maj.

Ms. Pillow's 2 cents:
    I <muSHa'> my Palm Pilot.  The verb/noun list is on a simple database program
with a really nice "search" function. All the prefix/suffix charts, pronoun and
conjunction list are on little laminated cards. I keep TKD handy, but I'm hoping
to figure out how to type those all-important first 74 pages somewhere into my
little Pocket Brain.
    It is tempting to consider buying a new PDA to accommodate a translation
program. But besides the price, I have other reservations. I see my Palm Pilot as
an alternative to lugging around a cobbled together mass of torn apart paperbacks
and printouts of the newer words.  It's just smaller and more convenient. I still
have to do all the "work" of translation. if I was using a translation gizmo, I
don't think I could ever learn the language. If Santa gave me one for Christmas,
I'd probably break down and use it, but that possibility is remote. I'll probably
get my usual lump of anthracite.                pItlh.

Back to archive top level