tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 12:58:03 1999

Re: *muSHa'* yImuSHa'!

At 09:38 AM 8/4/99 -0400, you wrote:an their opposites.

>I've actually made the opposite argument - that is, that the absence of a
>verb for "to love" indicates a society so brimming over with love that
>they don't even consider the need for a word for it.  (Do fish have a word
>for water?)

They have a noun meaning love, "parmaq".  Therefore they obviously do see a
need to verbalize the concept.  Besides, how can you right love poetry
without the proper words?

SuSvaj

>   joel anderson * http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
> **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
>     **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level