tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 02 16:16:50 1999

RE: message to Mark / KLBC

jatlh pI'lo pIl'o' ghap:

> this is a message to Seqram:
> rInnIS ghIchHomwIj.

Either you made a dictionary lookup error with <ghIch> or I am really
confused. What does this mean?

> QaHlIj vIneH.

This is fine. <choQaH vIneH> or <HIQaH> would work as well.

> ghIchvamvaD bIpInchu'.

Once again I am confused. Since <pIn> is a noun, you probably want <po'>
instead, but I still don't know how it relates to <ghIch>.

> Sovna'vam Daghaj SoH neH, vIHar.

The <vIHar> at the end needs an <'e'> in front of it. Also, things like <'e'
vIHar> and <'e' vIQub> are often better expressed by putting the suffix
<-law'> on the main verb.

Also, <Sov Daghaj> is a bit awkward, and might be better expressed with
something based on <bISov>.

> DatIv, vIHar.

Same deal - <DatIv 'e' vIHar> or <DatIvlaw'>.

> Qapla'!                       Pillow

>  **I don't know if messages to a single person
> are allowed. But I probably need the BG's help.**
> pagh, qathlo'.

qay'be'. QIn Dajangchugh, pIj labwI'vaD bIjang. jangmeH QInlIj legh labwI'
neH DaneHchugh, vaj labwI'vaD neH yIlab. legh Hoch DaneHchugh, vaj
jabbI'IDghomvaD yIlab.

No problem - replies here are often just as much to the original poster as
to the list. If you don't want anybody else to see your response, then send
it by private email. If you want everyone to see your response, send it to
the list.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ