tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 18:32:28 1999

Re: Adverbials and clauses

Since this was not marked KLBC and since it is a general
enough interest question, I think it is fine for adverbials
to modify any verb. The main difference between a dependent
clause and a main clause is just the Type 9 suffix (or
-taHvIS} on the verb, so basically, clauses get the same
treatment by adverbials whether they are main or not.

Your examples all make sense to me.

charghwI' 'utlh

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:52:39 -0400 Thomas Staller
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Last night I had problems falling asleep and was playing around a bit
> with Klingon grammar and wondered if clauses can take adverbials to
> modify them.
>
> Like in
> <muleghbe' nom qetbogh loD> "The man who runs fast does not see me"
> or
> <nom qetmo' loD, muleghbe'> "Because the man runs fast, he does not see me"
>
> Am I allowed to express this ideas like that in Klingon or do I need
> to recast them completely?
>
> Qapla'
> 	voqbe'wI'

Back to archive top level