tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 27 00:08:05 1999

Re: Klingons Invade Dover Peace Conference

SuvwI'pu', yIqIm!

     Klingons Invade Dover Peace Conference! Yes, we were there!
Were you? nuqDaq tlhIH? Where were you? Not in your room, not with a
broom, not near the door, not on the floor, not here, nor there, not
anywhere!

    Only DloraH, Qob and I were evident. If you were there, and are
a member of the KLI, or at least subscribe to the Listserv, please
feel free to identify yourselves.

     DloraH attempted to host a qepHom, he'll fill you in on that. I
brought materials, and tried to coax in convention "Deligates". The
crowded CON schedule, and not having a set time for meeting, made
this a steep uphill battle.

not jegh!
     We'll figure this out eventually. If anyone wants to try at an
upcoming event, let me know. I have several suggestions, and if it
is on my schedule, I'll attend & support your effort.

Marc, take note. Also, Lawrence, we missed your magnetic presense.

    The Badges left much to be desired, NO NAMES, and it was very
hard to identify many Klingons. So many were in & out of costume,
they were unrecognizable from one day (also hour, or event) to the
next.

     I would really like to see pictures from this CON, the dinner,
and the Klub afterwards. If you have them to post, I'm sure we will
all benefit. I'll be posting some soon, but I thought it best to ask
who else went. Tell us your stories in pictures, as well as words.

     The "Group" photo sucked this year, but I think some great
shots were taken all around the CON.

We had a lot of fun; I hope the pictures will bear that out.

naDev tlhIngan SuvwI'pu' tu'lu'!
naDev 'IH be'pu' tu'lu' jay!

     If you were in them (I know you're not shy) SuvwI'pu', let me
know. I would like to put names to these faces.

     While I was in character (Uniformed, and under the "turtle")
much of the weekend, at other times,  you may have noticed the large
red haired human, with the Galactic Hex on his back. I did have some
fun tho'. We may have met, do tell if you recognize me from this
description. {{:-D

     Storytellers, sharpen your quills; I expect to hear some tall
tales of this CON. While some parts were slow (speeches at the
Feast, especially without Khaless there), there is still a lot to
tell.

For instance:
Many "Deligates" recognized simple commands in tlhIngan Hol, and a
few even laughed at comments, and quips spoken in our native tongue.

{{:-)

No Tribble Ball, but who started throwing buiscuts at the Feast
(must have been Feddies:), and do we have a phrase for "Flying
Food"?
}};-]

Does anyone know what the good ship FUBAR bestowed upon the
revellers of Saturday night
{{8-O

ghItlhtaH...
(SKI: More to follow...)

Qapla' batlh je!
Qor'etlh valwI'na'
===
Qor'etlh valwI'na', Daq marr tuq, tlhIngan wo' Duj QonoS qa'
qepHom 'utlhHom - Klingon Language Institute.
{qo'mey poSmoH Hol}language opens worlds /
Maybe I'm wrong, but I am always Qor'etlh.
{nuq, vISaH?} - What, me worry? -
{yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej pechep.}
{Qapla' batlh je!}