tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 20 17:58:27 1999

Re: KLBC : Newbie seeks enlightenment....

I can't beleive that my translation was *that* bad...not even a "nice try,
but what did you mean?"

Okay, maybe I should provide the translation so that you can tell me what I'm
doing wrong.

tlhIngan Hol laHmeywI' SovwI' je vIghur 'e' vInej.
na'Dev jIjaHnIS 'e' vIja'lu'pu'.
tuQaHlaHchugh, vaj qatlho'.

tlhIngan wo'vaD

tlhIngan Hol laHmeywI' SovwI' je 'e' vIghur 'e' vInej.
Klingon language [my ability] [my knowledge] and (that) [I increase it]
(that) [I seek it]
I seek to increase my knowledge and my abilities of the Klingon language.

na'Dev jIjaHnIS  'e' vIja'lu'pu'.
[hereabouts] [I must go] (that) [someone/something tells me].
They tell me I must go to this place.

tuQlaHchugh, vaj qatlho'.
[if you can assist me] then [I thank you].
I thank you for any help you can give me.

tlhIngan wo'vaD
Klingon [for the empire]
For the Klingon Empire]

Did I do that badly?