tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 12 16:52:05 1999

Re: Day at the beach

Steven Boozer wrote:

> Ed wrote:
>
> : because It was a very nice day, I went to the sea shore to practice
> : with my weapons.
> :
> : jIleng pem QaQqu'mo' ghomtaHmo' bIQ'a' puHDaq jIqeqmeH  nuHmeywIj.
>
> I'll let BG pagh untangle the grammar, but I just want to suggest a couple
> of alternatives for "sea shore" instead of {bIQ'a' puH} ("ocean's land"):
>
>         bIQ'a' HeH              the ocean's edge/rim
>
> or even better:
>
>         bIQ'a' retlh            area beside/next to the ocean
>
> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

    because It was a very nice day, I went to the sea shore to practice
with my weapons. Some where frightened and others where entertained by
my training. But all that's really important is that I did practice.

    jIleng pem QaQqu'mo' bIQ'a' retlhDaq jIqeqmeH nuHmeywIj. qeqwI'wIj
luyojvIp vay' qoj lutIvbogh latlhpu'. 'ach  jIqeqpu' potlhvetlh.

no rolling surf, but more like a plain, than edge.

thanks
 Ed

Back to archive top level