tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 22 23:35:40 1998

Re: DS9: Once More into the Breach

From: William H. Martin <[email protected]>

>If you want to study tlhIngan Hol spoken by actors, rent the
>movies. ST3 (Search for Spock) is an especially good example.
>ST5 (the one that Shatner directed) has some especially BAD
>examples of Klingon, but the vocabulary is all valid). ST6 (The
>Undiscovered Country) has some good Klingon in it, plus some
>garbled syllables none of us have been able to figure out.

I'm not quite sure how you come to this conclusion.  The Klingon in Star
Trek V is quite good: for the most part, well-pronounced and grammatical.
It has about as many errors as the dialogue in Star Trek III.  And in Star
Trek VI we only get some mumbled Klingon and quick phrases, and Christopher
Plummer calling out {taH pagh taHbe'}, but the only scene with extended
Klingon conversation in it has a lot of unintelligible or badly pronounced
lines.

SuStel
Stardate 98890.4

Back to archive top level