tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 22 15:31:09 1998

RE: KLBC: A few paragraphs

ja' pagh:
>...In general, you
>should try to stay away from <-ghach> - it's very difficult to use well.

I hope nobody mistakes this warning for a challenge. :-)

>...Plurals are always optional in Klingon...

Just for completeness and clarity, I'm going to add some information.
There are a couple of exceptions to this.  When following a noun with
{'ar} "how many? how much?", plural suffixes are *not* supposed to be
used (TKD 6.4, page 70).  And when preceding a noun with {Hoch}, the
presence of an explicit plural suffix gives it the meaning "all", and
the absence of one gives "each" (HolQeD 5:2, page 11).

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level