tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 19 18:50:10 1998

RE: KLBC searching for thlIngan word

lab QaneS:

>> What *exactly* do you mean by "glory"? Do you mean the
>> respect earned from others after a great achievement,
>> such as a battle? The feeling you yourself derive from
>> the achievement? Something intrinsic in the achievement
>> itself?
>> that's what I'm here for. If you can include some context,
>> I am sure I can help you find a suitable phrase.
>
> The context I am looking for is in the sense of respect from
> great achivements.  In the sense of glory AND honour.  The
> phrase I am working on sees the two as seperate aspects that
> a great warrior posesses. Does that make sense? (ie: am I
> making sense? ;) ) Thanks again.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure I know what the difference is.
See if you can explain to yourself how "honour" and "glory" are different in
this context. I can't figure it out.

The words you could use here include <batlh>, <quv>, <naD>, and <van>. Think
about them and pick the ones you like best.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level