tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 18 17:01:45 1998

RE: KLBC: Pronunciation

lab ra'yIn:

> I have no problem making any of the sounds in Klingon, but I have
> one small question regarding <tlh>.  While I have heard it
> pronounced correctly, and I can reproduce the sound accurately, I
> have never *seen* it spoken by someone who really knows what they
> are doing. Is it normal to "smile" when saying it?  I can do it
> with or without smiling, but the smile feels more natural and
> sounds much clearer and more distinct.  Is this correct?  Does
> Marc smile when pronouncing <tlh>?  I guess really this isn't
> strictly KLBC, because everyone may have a different opinion...

I don't necessarily *smile* when I pronounce a <tlh>, but I do have a
tendency to pull my lips back a bit, so I see what you mean. I don't know
what others do.

Since I've replied, everyone is now free to contribute his own opinion, and
I am sure quite a few people will...

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level