tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 17 09:03:25 1998

Re: De'wI' malja'

I'm going to make a wild stab at what I think this was supposed
to mean and instead of translating it into English, I'll
translate it into the Klingon I think means what this was
intended to mean.

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:46:23 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> De'wI' malja'vaD wIvumlaw' law'.

De'wI'mey QapmoHmo' jabbI'IDghomvam je Huch lubaj
jabbI'IDghomvam jeSwI'pu' law'.

> QInmey vIlaDDI' Dochvam vItu'.

naDev QInmey vIlaDDI' ghu'vam vItlhoj.

> jIHvaD Daj Dochvam.

Daj ghu'vam. [When a Klingon says something is interesting, it
is obvious that he means "This is interesting to me." Only a
human would downplay the general interest by suggesting that
while everyone else might think it is boring, "I think it is
interesting." If a Klingon believed that something was
interesting to himself but boring to everyone else, he'd likely
keep his mouth shut. Why bore others? And if it IS generally
interesting, why preceed it with {jIHvaD}? Be bold!]

> wIja'chuqqang'a' Hoch?    jItagh:
>
> Hurgh ngevwI'  malja'vaD vIvum.  pong 'oH <Rite Aid>'e'.
> wa'maH vagh ben  naDev jIvumchoH.  DaHjaj,  ghunwI' ghom vIvu'.
>
> SIHwI'

Back to archive top level