tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 09 08:17:48 1998

Re: Hotels

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 23:56:45 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> jIghIQtaHvIS mebpa'meymeyDaq jIQongpu'
>
> Or, is that just mebpa'mey which MO has given us for ONE hotel?
>
> peHruS

*Indiana*Daq mebpa'mey vIghoS. wa' mebpa' neH vIlo'. mebpa'Daq
jIQong.

My sense is that Klingons don't refer to a hotel as a single
entity as we do. A hotel is a collection of guest rooms. If you
slept in more than one room, a Klingon would not necessarily
care much about whether or not they were in different hotels. A
guest room is a guest room.

You might refer to staying at guest rooms at different sites if
that difference is significant.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level