tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 28 08:28:24 1998

RE: Qong bom

: > And lastly, the subject line means "the song sleeps" not "sleep song,"
: > because /Qong/ is not a noun.
:
: > Qov     [email protected]
:
: "Lullaby" is /najmoHwI'/, from somewhere in KGT.
:
: --Holtej

It must be my mood today, but it just struck me that /najmoHwI'/
"dream-causer" would also be a perfect slang term for a sedative,
tranquilizer or - as they say in the pulp crime novels - a "Micky Finn".
The expression /yInajchu'/ "Dream well!" (KGT) then becomes a sinister
double entendre.

Hmm... a Klingon detective or private investigator.  Now that'd be an
interesting story!

Voragh

Back to archive top level